If you are looking for reviews of radio equipment you’ve come to the right place. Everything from CB Radio, Scanning, PMR-446 and Short Wave Listening is right here.
The best way to discover our vast collection of articles is to dive straight in to the Category Sections on the right-hand side menu. Articles are organised in date order. We’ve been adding content since 2000 so there is quite a lot of stuff to read through.
If you can’t find what you are looking for you could always try the search option with a keyword such as “President” or “CB Radio”.
- Baofeng UV-13 Pro (V2) Two Way Radio Review – Really 10 Watts?The Baofeng UV-13 Pro is the latest generation in the line of budget two way radios from China. This latest model has 999 memories and a claimed 10 watts output – but is this really true? The Chinese have a reputation for over stating output power in their marketing literature […]
- Radtel RT-490/Socotran FB-8629 Two Way Radio ReviewThe Radtel RT-490 is a very versatile two way radio. It contains some exciting features including Bluetooth for programming via an Android App and erven GPS positioning! The most remarkable thing about this radio is the price as it’s available for below $100! It is available under several brand names […]
- YJT UV-8F Handheld Two Way Radio ReviewYJT is another Chinese manufacturer similar to Baofeng. The radio is a fairly standard, tough, well built dual band hand held, with all the usual features – CTCSS, DCS, nice clear display and full keypad programming – no computer required but has a special feature – it can be programmed […]
- Baofeng BF-V8 Two Way Radio Review – Tested on PMR446The Baofeng BF-V8 is an ultra low cost two way radio for the UHF bands. At only £14/$20 this has got to be one of the cheapest commercial/Ham/PMR available with a higher output power than standard 446 radios. Watch our latest YouTube Review to see how the radio performed in […]
- Floureon FC200 PMR-446 Radio Review – Reviewing the Cheapest 16 Channel Radios we found on eBay!The Floureon FC-200 is a budget PMR-446 Radio available for a super cheap price on Amazon and eBay. It is most unusual as it contains all 16 legal PMR-446 channels for the price and contains some features that you wouldn’t expect for the price… but is it any good? See […]
- Tritan City Traveller Business Light Two Way Radio ReviewIt doesn’t really seem like that long ago that I first reviewed a PMR-446 on the site, one of the earliest sets I looked at was the Cobra Microtalk 200 but it’s actually some 10 years ago now and the licence free band has been available across some European countries since 1998! […]
- TTi TCB-881 Multi Standard CB Radio ReviewThe TCB-881 is TTi’s update on the popular TCB-880 CB radio that has now been discontinued. This new radio is similar in style to its older brother but features TTi’s DSS (Dynamic Squelch System) that can be found in all the new 2011 range radios from TTi. Another improvement is […]
- TTi TCB-R2000 Multi Standard CB RadioThe TCB-R2000 is the flagship model in TTi’s CB Range. News of this new radio was first announced back in 2010 but it has only just started to officially hit the shelves of dealers around the EU. The radio promises something different from other remote-head radios and the adverting literature […]
- Intek M-150 Plus ReviewI’m in the process of umming and arring over which remote headed CB radio to purchase. It’s currently a toss up between the tti TCB R-2000 and the Lafayette Venus. I’ve crossed the Albrecht AE-6890 off the list on the grounds that the supplied microphone is pathetic beyond belief. Who […]
- TTi PMR-506TX/MH PMR-446 Radio ReviewThe PMR-506TX is another new radio from TTi in Korea. Whilst there are many new PMR radios out there to choose from there are only a few that offer anything different. In this case the 506TX is one of the slimmest and lightest PMR radios on the market and certainly won’t weigh […]
- Yeticom Optima SSB CB/Ham Radio ReviewThe Yeticom Optima is a new radio designed for use by CB and Amateur operators. Whilst the radio firmly has its origins as a “freeband CB” it will also be a welcome addition to any radio amateur looking for a reasonably priced all mode 12m/10m rig for mobile use. Upon […]
- TTi TSC-100R Low Cost Scanner ReviewOver the past 20 years the hobby of scanning has somewhat changed. The signals you can listen to on a scanner these days are less plentiful than they used to be thanks to a lot of communications going digital. Gone are the days of monitoring the police and most other […]